Mango season is here and it’s my favorite season all the time. I love to make any recipes related to mango. As chia pudding is my everyday go to breakfast or dessert so I thought to give my Indian touch to this amazing healthy Chia Pudding.Jump to Recipe
Give your chia pudding a delicious cheery update by making the most perfect mango lassi and soaking your chia seeds in it. Plus, learn about the perfect chia seed to liquid ratio. Infused with spices, this Mango Lassi Chia Pudding is one of the most delicious desserts you will ever make.
Which mango is perfect for this Mango Lassi Chia Pudding? Not all mangoes are created equal. And once you taste those whose flesh is a vibrant orange and tastes deeply floral with notes of honey doused in lemon, you can never be satisfied with just a yellow-fleshed mango. The mangoes I am talking about are sweet and sour and not just sweet!
Mangoes never last in our home. They are a ritual. They are a need. So, I am unlikely to ever save enough to freeze for the offseason. My only bet is to find the perfect frozen mangoes. So I like to store some frozen mangoes for my off season mango recipes. I like to use @deepsindiakitchen’s frozen Kesar mangoes. They are really sweet and with beautiful colors. There are no preservatives in that too. You can find in your local Indian grocery store too.
The Perfect Chia Seed to Liquid Ratio!!
I have been having a lot of chia seed puddings lately in a bid to increase protein intake. But hey, they are good for everyone! Not to mention, super delicious if soaking in a delicious liquid concoction like this mango lassi. Chia seeds are high in fiber and protein. They are also a decent source of Omega 3 fatty acids and calcium.
The most important thing to remember when making chia seed is the chia seed to liquid ratio. Once you have that perfect, you can create an amazing variety of delicious puddings. The perfect ratio is 2 tablespoon of chia seeds and 1 cup of any milk I use non dairy milk. I like to make the creamy texture so I add 1/3 cup of yogurt as well. This will give the best texture of chia pudding.
- 2 tbsp of chia seeds
- 1 cup of oat milk or coconut or almond milk
- 1/2 cup of yogurt
- 1 cup of frozen mango you can use fresh if you have
- Pinch of saffron
- 1/2 tsp of cardamom powder
- Maple syrup
- Almond pistachio nuts for garnish
- Chopped mango for topping
- Take 2 tbsp of chia seeds in a glass container. In a blender add mangoes, yogurt and milk as mentioned measuring.
- Add pinch of saffron into this blender and cardamom powder too. Blend this until it turned out smooth.
- Pour this thick smooth liquid into chia seeds. Add 1 tbsp of maple syrup stir well. And keep this in refrigerator for overnight.
- Next day take this out. You will see the consistency of chia seeds here. Topped with nuts and chopped mangoes.
- Enjoy this healthy delicious Mango Lassi Chia Pudding as your breakfast or as a dessert too. You can make this as vegan by omitting yogurt with vegan yogurt.
If you try any of my recipes please leave your comment and like recipes. You can always tag @flavorsofmykitchen too.
Leave a Reply