Rava Appe (Suji Appe, Rava Paniyaram, Rava Paddu) is an Instant South Indian breakfast dish that is delicious and very easy to make. Make it using my easy recipe in under 30 minutes (vegetarian).
Those of you are in a hurry but also don’t want to compromise on serving your family with healthy and delicious food this Instant Rava Appe recipe, Appam recipe is for you.
It tastes really good and the bonus is that this Instant Rava Appe recipe, Appam recipe is also very quick to make, there is no grinding or fermentation required just soak it for 15-20 mins and you are set. The best part of these Instant Rava Appe recipe, Appam recipe is that even after they have cooled down they remain soft and thus a perfect dish for lunch boxes or tiffin boxes.
These Instant Rava Appe recipe, Appam recipe can be made plain or you can mix any vegetables of your choice to make it more healthy.
⏰ Prep Time: 10 minutes
👩🍳 Cook Time: 10 minutes
🍴Course : Breakfast, lunchboxes
🍽️ Cuisine : Indian snack
🍴Serving : 4 people
✍️ Author: Shruti Naik
Ingredients for Instant Rava Appe / Appam recipe
- Sooji/ Rawa /Semolina – 1 cup
- Yogurt or curd – 1/2 cup
- Water – 1/2 cup or as needed
- Green pepper chopped
- Mustard seeds
- Curry leaves
- Urad dal
- Fruit salt or eno
Prepping for the Instant Rava Appe recipe, Appam recipe
Dice up the vegetables keep aside in a bowl.
Method for making the Instant Rava Appe recipe, Appam recipe
1. In a mixing bowl add 1 cup of sooji or Rawa. Add 1/2 cup of yogurt into it and mix it by adding 1/2 cup of water or as needed.
2. Mix this batter well and keep this aside for 10 to 15 minutes. In mean time prep your veggies and Tadka too.
3. After 10 – 15 minutes add all veggies of your choice. I have taken green pepper, onions, corn and carrots. Add salt to taste.
4. For tadka in a small pan add some oil, mustard oil, urad dal and when the mustard seeds started popping up add asafetida and curry leaves. Pour this tadka into the batter.
5. Mix this batter. Now add fruit salt or eno and stir immediately. In appam pan add some oil and mustard seeds and start pouring batter.
6. Cover this and let it cook. When it cooks one side like crispy golden brown, flip it and cook the other side.
7. When it’s completely cooked both side, turn the flame off and take them out in a serving plate. You can serve this garam garam Paniyaram or appam with any kind of chutney you like.
Beetroot Sooji Appe - Flavorsofmykitchen
[…] Instant Sooji Paniyaram […]