Palak Paneer Phulka Roti or Chapati is a very nutritious and healthy flatbread. If you are trying to feed your kids or for family this is just so perfect idea to make this.
This easy Indian Spinach roti is healthy and loaded with the goodness of spinach. Enjoy this homemade spinach flatbread on its own or served with your favorite curry.
Call it Spinach roti, Phulka Roti with Spinach, paneer or spinach flatbread, this popular Indian flatbread recipe is made with spinach, whole wheat flour, and spices. If you have not tried this yet, you are clearly missing out on something delicious.
You can serve this Roti with any Indian curry like dal Palak, chickpea curry, matar paneer. You can pack this spinach flatbread into your kids lunch box too with side of salad and boondi Riata.
- ⏰ Prep Time: 5 minutes
- 👩🍳Cook Time :10 minutes
- 🍽️ Cuisine : Indian
- ✍️ Author: Shruti Naik
What is phulka Roti?
Phulka Roti is a round puffed Indian flatbread which is made of whole wheat flour. You can make any flavor of phulka Roti. The plain phulka roti is a staple in every Indian family.
What’s Palak Paneer Roti?
Palak Paneer roti is a flatbread made with spinach and paneer purée and whole wheat. This is such a healthy and nutritious recipe. This is perfect for kids too.
What are the ingredients for this ?
- Spinach or Palak: spinach or palak is a main ingredient for this palak Roti. Palak is a very healthy vegetable which is full rich of iron and other minerals.
- Paneer : paneer is optional here you can omit it if you don’t like it. If you like tofu you can omit this with omit. Paneer is Indian cottage cheese and very creamy healthy. Paneer is made of whole milk and milk Is a good source of protein and calcium.
- Carom seeds: I always use carom seeds into this dough. Adding carom seeds can help in digestive.
- Oil: we don’t need too much oil for this Roti dough. Oil is used for binding the dough.
- Salt: salt is used in any phulka Roti.
1. Take 2 cups of whole wheat flour in a mixing bowl. Add salt, carom seeds and oil into it.
2. In a blender add some spinach or Palak and paneer. Add just little bit of water and blend it and make a purée.
3. Add this purée into flour mix and by your hand or using kitchenaid stand mixer mix the dough.
4. Add water generously. Knead medium soft dough. Soften the dough with oil.
5. Cover this dough for 15 minutes and rest. After 15 minutes knead the dough again and make small medium size of balls from them.
6. On a flat surface or sprinkle some flour and roll this phulka Roti. Roll this in medium thin layer. Repeat the process.
7. On a heat tawa cook this roti on low medium flame. Cook one side and then flip. When other side is cooked well too make the puff of this roti.
8. Apply ghee on this roti and repeat the process with all rotis. Serve this phulka hot with any curry.