Aloo bhindi fry is a simple North Indian style stir fry recipe made with okra and potatoes. It’s a vegan and gluten-free dish that is gently flavored with Indian spices and can be served in any Indian meal.
Like most other cuisines, regular Indian home-cooked food is also completely different from what’s sold in restaurants around the world. It’s a lot simpler and easy to make.
That doesn’t mean that home-cooked Indian dishes are less flavorful. In fact, they have more balanced flavors and are healthier too.
Aloo Bhindi is a very easy making meal you can make anytime. Just few steps need to be keeping in mind so you get the perfect texture of okra. This curry can be served with any other curry too. With rice or Daal and Roti or chapati.
- ⏰ Prep Time : 10 minutes
- 👩🍳 Cook Time : 10 minutes
- 🍽️ Cuisine : Indian
- 🍴 Course : Main course
- ✍️ Author: Shruti Naik
- Cumin seeds
- Red chili powder
- Slit ginger
- Green chili paste
- Garam masala
- Lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- To begin, heat the oil in a large, deep frying pan (or wok) and add the cumin seeds. Sauté for 1 minute until they start to sizzle, then add the onions and cook until golden brown. Add minced garlic.
- Add chopped potatoes and cover it. Cook it for few minutes. Keep stirring in between and check for potatoes.
- Add chopped okra and green chilies. Mix and cook uncovered for around 12-15 minutes. Gently stir 2-3 times in between.
- Once the okra is nicely cooked, push the okra and potato cubes towards the corner to create some space in the center. Put turmeric powder, red chili powder, and coriander powder in that space and saute them for a few seconds.
- Add salt and mix everything.
- Cook for another 2-3 minutes and then switch off the stove.
- Finally add Lemon juice and mix it and garnish with cilantro. Serve this with garam phulka roti.