Beetroot Raita (Beet Raita, Chukandar Ka Raita) is an Indian accompaniment made using yogurt, beet, pomegranate and a few spices. This raita tastes great with any Indian food and comes together in under 20 minutes using simple ingredients. Here is how to make it (vegetarian, gluten free).
About This Recipe
Beetroot Raita (Beet Raita, Chukandar Ka Raita) is an Indian accompaniment made using fresh beetroot, pomegranate, plain yogurt, and a few mild spices.
It is a cooling side dish that pairs very well with any Indian food or can be served as a refreshing salad.
Beet Raita has a mildly sweet and tangy taste to it and is very cooling and soothing for the gut.
Healthy benefits of Beetroot
Beets are an excellent source of folate, manganese, potassium, and copper. They are also a known source of magnesium, phosphorous, vitamin C, iron, vitamin B 6, and dietary fiber. They are low in saturated fat and cholesterol.
- Plain yogurt or Greek Yogurt
- Beetroot shredded and partially cooked.
- Salt to taste
- Cumin powder
- Mint leaves
- In a Bowl take one cup of plain fresh yogurt or Greek yogurt. Add partially cooked beetroot and pomegranate seeds.
- Add spices like salt to taste, sugar, cumin powder, black pepper powder. Mix this well.
- Add mint and cilantro leaves. You can do Tadka if you like I like without Tadka.
- Topped with some shredded beetroot and cilantro and Pomegranate seeds.
- You can serve this with pulav, biryani or as a dip too.