Stuffed Spinach corn appe is a delicious appe recipe which you can make with left over Dosa/Idli batter. You can make this from sooji too.
Appe is south Indian dish also known as Kuzhi paniyaram, Paddu or Paniyaram. This spinach corn appe recipe came into my mind when i was making the lunch for kids for kids. I was thinking to make something with spinach and corn. I had the left over Idli/ Dosa batter so I created this healthy spinach corn appe.
What’s for Breakfast or healthy Brunch? Everyone has that question comes in their mind? I have the best idea to make the healthy gluten free breakfast, brunch or the best kids lunchbox recipe.
These Stuffed Spinach Corn Appe are great to serve as snack, breakfast or as kids lunchbox with some coconut Chutney or Ketchup. You can use any your choice of veggies. I have made with mix veg appe too. That recipe will be on blog soon too.
Spinach has number of health benefits and is great for overall health and body. It is rich of Zinc, Iron, Magnesium and many essential vitamins. You can add paneer to give a variation too. I have used onions, cilantro and sweet corn. Pour some tadka and it will give tremendous taste.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time : 10 minutes
Serving: 4 people
Cuisine: South Indian
Course: Breakfast, Snack or Lunchbox
Author: Shruti Naik
◾Idli Dosa Batter
◾Salt to taste
◾Spinach Puree – Cilantro, Spinach and green chili
◾Tadka- Oil, Urad dal, mustard seeds, curry leaves, asafetida
- In a mixing bowl take some idli dosa batter. Add salt to taste. Make the spinach puree by adding spinach, cilantro and green chili in a grinder and blend it.
- Add this spinach puree into a batter. Mix it well. Add chopped onions, sweet corn, cilantro into this. You can always use your choice of veggies. Mix it well and keep it aside.
- Prepare tadka fort this. In a small pan add some oil, Urad dal and mustard seeds. When the mustard seeds starting splutter add asafetida and curry leaves.
- Pour this tadka into batter. mix it well. Heat the appe pan. Add fruit salt into a batter. Mix immediately.
- Pour some oil into appe pan. Start pouring batter and let it cook on small medium flame. Cover the lid.
- Flip the appe and let it cook for other side. When it turns out golden crispy take them out.
- Serve them with coconut chutney.