Sandwiches are one of my all the time favorite and quick snack to go. This sandwich recipe is little different than usual. Chutney chili cheese sandwich is the quickest and easiest recipe you can make with minimal amount of time and ingredients.
Mumbai style Chilli Cheese Sandwich recipe – This is stuffed with cheesy mixture and grilled or toasted till crisp. PERFECT and DELICIOUS sandwich that everyone will sure love it. The cheesy mixture is made from of course grated cheese with addition of chilies, capsicum and onion.
You can always adjust your spice level. I used Serrano peppers which are little hot than jalapeños. You can use jalapeños as well which are medium hot . I always have stored chutney in my refrigerator. This is the mumbai street food style sandwich. Here the spread of chutney tastes too good with cheesy, gooey, slightly spicy mixture.
You can simply make this in a pan or griller pan. I have used the grilled sandwich maker or Panini Maker @hamiltonbeach .
Prep Time: 10 minutes
🍴Servings: 4 sandwiches
Course : Snack
Cuisine : Indian
✍️ Author: Shruti Naik
➡️ green pepper
➡️ Serrano pepper or jalapeños
➡️ chaat masala
➡️ red chili flakes
➡️ salt to taste
➡️ bread slices
➡️ green chutney
1. In a mixing bowl add chopped onions, chopped green pepper and chopped jalapeños.
2. Add salt, chaat masala, red chili flakes and mozzarella cheese.
3. Mix this and the filling is ready.
4. Take 4 slices of bread. I have used @pepperidgefarm butter bread. Apply butter on one slice of bread.
5. Then apply green chutney and top with the stuffing. Cover with the other slice of bread.
6. Apply mayonnaise on top or you can use butter as well. And grill this sandwich.
7. Serve this hot, crunchy and delicious sandwich with some green chutney and ketch up and side of chips.
Note and tips:
1. If you like crunchy sandwiches do apply mayonnaise instead of butter when you toast it.
2. Adjust your spice level according to your taste.
If you like any of my recipes don’t forget to leave comment and follow my blog.
Leave a Reply