This simple, quick and easy recipe for homemade fresh tomato soup is perfect to make when tthe weather started chilly. In cozy winter nights this is delicious wintertime treat. A classic creamy tomato soup made in your Instant Pot or on the stove. Everyone loves a good tomato basil soup and this is the best tomato soup recipe you will make! I make it in our Instant Pot so I can have comforting homemade tomato soup fast.
Simple Homemade Tomato Soup with carrots, onions, garlic, tomatoes and broth for deliciously rich flavor. It’s super easy to make and is bound to be your next cold weather favorite! This is one of my favorite recipe and you can just make this in 15 minutes in @instantpot.Jump to Recipe
Homemade is Best
The best tomato soup recipe is simple and made with fresh ingredients just like this recipe.
This easy soup can be prepared in under 30 minutes making it the perfect weeknight meal!
One spoonful of tomato soup has the power to automatically transport you back to your childhood. The tasty soup is the ultimate comfort food, especially when it’s homemade.
This tomato soup recipe uses fresh tomatoes and will remind you of your mom’s famous cooking. Sure the can of tomato soup works in a time crunch, but nothing beats the delicious flavors of a soup you made from scratch with fresh ingredients. So say goodbye to canned soup forever and hello to your new favorite tomato soup recipe.
How to Make Tomato Soup
In Instant Pot add some butter or olive oil. Add garlic, ginger, clove and onions. Sauté this for 2 to 3 minutes. Add roughly chopped carrots, beet and Roma tomatoes.
Add vegetable broth or water. you can add vegetable broth which is available in any grocery store. you can add water as well. Add salt to taste and I like to add sugar into it. Add 2 tsp of sugar.
Spice: Originally this tomato soup is only made of this few ingredients. I have given my taste of touch into this. I added oregano, rosemary and red crushed pepper.
Basil: Without basil this soup is not flavorful. It’s totally optional but basil is the main ingredient into this. I always store my fresh basil in refrigerate or when I have too much i freeze them. Trust me it enhance the taste of soup.
Cream: Many recipes use cream for this tomato soup. I have made this no cream tomato soup which is creamy and healthy.
Blend: I find an immersion blender is useful, but a blender works, too. Adjust the soup for seasoning then grab a bowl…and maybe a grilled cheese sandwich?
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I make this tomato soup vegan? Yes, olive oil or a plant-based butter is an option. You can also use coconut oil. It might sound odd but the light coconut flavor with onion/tomatoes is pretty delicious.
Can I add basil? This soup is delicious with and without basil. Adding a handful of fresh basil at the end before blending the soup is a fantastic idea.
Can I add cream? Yes, although, with the butter in this recipe, only a small splash of cream is needed.
Can I make this soup in advance? Yes! Store homemade tomato soup in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three days or freeze up to three months.
Easy Tomato Soup In Instant Pot:
1. In instant pot turn the saute option. Add butter or olive oil. Add clove, ginger, garlic and onions. Sauté this for 2 to 3 minutes. Add roughly chopped carrots, small beet and 10 -12 roughly chopped tomatoes.
2. Add Salt to taste, oregano, red chili flakes and sugar into this. Add handful of basil into this. Turn off the saute button. Add water or vegetable broth into this. Close the lid.
3. Press pressure cook option button in instant pot. Set time 15 minutes and let it cook. After 15 minutes let it cool down and open the lid. Use blender for this or you can simply use @vitamix to blend this.
4. After blending you will get the perfect creamy without cream Tomato soup. Transfer the soup into serving bowl. Garnish with basil and croutons.
5. Serve this soup with ooey Gooey Grilled Cheese Sandwich. This is the perfect pair to treat winter time.
1. Use ripe and fresh tomatoes. you can use canned tomatoes if you like but i prefer to use fresh tomatoes.
2. You can make this soup by roasting tomatoes and other ingredient in oven and blend it.
IF you like my recipes Do follow or subscribe my blog. Follow me on Instagram and youtube. Leave your comments if you like or try any recipes.