Aloo Paratha is a very popular Indian- Punjabi food which is very tasty and delicious and served in breakfast. Indian Aloo Paratha – whole wheat flatbread stuffed with a spicy potato filling. This paratha is best enjoyed with yogurt, pickle and butter.
When the weather is like cold and chilly 🥶 my husband always demands of this 😉. So here fall started and weather started cooling down and it’s weekend so I made this delicious Aloo Paratha in brunch.
Aloo Parathas, associated with the north Indian state of Punjab, are a much-loved food almost anywhere in India — and for lovers of Indian food anywhere in the world. What’s not to love about crispy dough encasing a delicious mixture of everyone’s favorite veggie? And they are by no means a difficult food to make, if you know how to roll a flatbread.
There are various types of parathas made in my kitchen because everyone has their own demands 😂😂. My husband loves aloo paratha the most and my kids love pizza Paratha and sometimes I pack mix Veg Paratha in their lunchbox t00. Here is my authentic easy peasy recipe or aloo paratha which you all will like.
Aloo Paratha is very simple to make and so tasty and delicious. You just need to make a perfect texture of a wholewheat bread. I have my secret of these potatoes stuffing which make your Parathas the way more delicious. I will share in recipe. This one is my family’s most favorite dish which I always make in brunch. I have step by step recipe of this Parathas.
🔪 Prep Time: 20 minutes
👩🍳 Cook Time: 15 minutes
⏳Total Time: 35 minutes
🍴Servings: 4 persons
🍽Cuisine: North- Indian
↖️Course: Breakfast// Brunch
✍️ Author : Shruti Naik
-3 large potatoes boiled and mashed
-chopped green chilies
-salt to taste
– garam masala or aloo Paratha masala
– Dry pomegranate powder
– Dry Mango powder
-2cups of whole-wheat flour
-3 tbsp. Of oil
– crushed fennel powder
-red chili powder
– cumin powder
– black salt
– carom seeds
– fennel seeds
1. Boil some potatoes in pressure cooker or you can use instant pot as well. When it’s boiled let them cool.
2. When potatoes are getting cool in meantime prepare dough. Take 2 cups of whole wheat flour add 2 tbsp of oil and some salt. Mix it well. Add some water as needed and knead the dough not to soft not too hard.
3. When it’s completely knead take some oil in your palm and make it soft. And keep it aside and cover it.
4. Now peel off the potatoes and shred them so it will make your parathas perfect. Add some salt, turmeric, red chili powder, dry mango powder, dry pomegranate powder, cumin powder, chopped cilantro, chopped green chilies and garam masala.
5. Now mix everything well. Now make some medium size of balls and keep it aside.
6. Take medium size of dough roll it in small size. Stuff the potato stuffing and and cover it nicely and roll it.
6. Cook the paratha on both side nicely by using ghee or oil or butter. Serve it with some yogurt, ketchup or some pickle.
If you like my recipe do comment and likes and tag me !!
Leave a Reply