Crispy & crunchy, aloo tikki is a popular North Indian street food made using potatoes. Potatoes are mixed with herbs and spices, made into patties, and fried until crispy. It is one of the most popular chaat items and can be made easily at home
Spicy Aloo Tikki with crisp outside soft inside is a real treat to taste buds at anytime. It’s so delicious that just name itself gets digestive juices flowing in mouth once you have tasted it. This simple and easy recipe uses shallow fry technique to get crispy outer layer that covers soft and spicy inner crust of potatoes, green peas and spices. Make this aloo tiki by following the step by step photo recipe and prepare Aloo tikki Veggie Burger at home for your kids to serve as after school snack.
Aloo Tikki is Vegan and so easy to make. This is so perfect for small party or get-together. You can make this as an appetizer in any occasions or holidays. Aloo tikki is so perfect for kids lunch boxes, tea time snack and you can make chaat from this aloo tikki as well. This simple though delicious all tikki recipe is so healthy becasue you don’t need to deep fry this. You can shallow fry this.
◻3 to 4 Boiled potatoes
◻ 2 to 3 Chopped green chilis
◻ 1 tbsp. salt to taste
◻ pinch of turmeric
◻ 1 tsp red chili powder
◻ 1 tbsp grated ginger
◻ 1 tsp amchur powder
◻ 1/2 tsp black salt
◻1 tbsp garam masala
◻ 2 tbsp of corn flour
◻ All purpose slurry – ( all purpose + water)
- Boil potatoes in instant pot or pressure cooker by adding little bit of salt. When the potatoes completely boiled, let it cool and peel off skin from them.
- Mash these boiled potatoes by potato masher. Now add green chilis, grated ginger and all dry spices mentioned above. Add corn flour, bread crumbs and cilantro.
- Mix them to prepare smooth dough like mixture. Divide mixture into 12 equal portions and roll them into small size balls.
- In a small bowl prepare the slurry by adding 2 tbsp of all purpose flour and water.
- Make small medium size of tikkis. In a pan add some oil and heat it.
- Dip the tikkis in slurry and shallow fry them. shallow fry these tikkis until they turned out crispy golden brown. Take them out on paper towel.
- Serve these delicious tikkis with green chutney or tamarind chutney.
- When you boil potatoes add little salt which helps to take off skin easily.
- Adding corn flour makes tikkis crispy.
- you can avoid all purpose slurry.
If you are enjoying my recipes, Do subscribe my blog!!
follow me on Instagram as well @ flavors_ofmykitchen.